[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Anyone interested in a Smallspace conference?

Anyone interested in a Smallspace conference?

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

Anyone interested in a Smallspace conference?

Postby pauldear » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I have vague (and I do mean vague) plans to try to organize a small conference on small space programmes, probably in the UK. I've never organised anything like this before, but the general idea would be to book a venue and have maybe two days of presentations and discussions. I'd try to invite a few noteworthy people from the space and related industries, and of course N-Prize entrants would be welcome to speak also. It wouldn't be entirely about the N-Prize, of course - but about small-space in general.

Any ideas on this? Anyone think it would be a good/bad idea? It would probably happen well into next year - it takes time to book venues and get good speakers etc.
pauldear

Re: Anyone interested in a Smallspace conference?

Postby Peter (Nebula) » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

Hi Paul

Fantastic idea! Given the timescales, I'd love to do a presentation if you'll have an enthusiatic amateur.

Cheers

Peter
Peter (Nebula)

Postby pauldear » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Peter,

That would be great. In fact, I'd like it mostly to be amateurs (along with a few pros), and I'd like to include N-Prize entrants among the speakers. Like I said, it's likely to be well into next year before this lifts off....

By the way, have you or anyone heard from Monroe lately?
pauldear

Postby Peter (Nebula) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:54 pm

How the hell d'you delete posts around here!

Best

Peter
Last edited by Peter (Nebula) on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter (Nebula)

Postby Iain » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:55 pm

I would be very interested Paul, planning on doing SAS 10 in April again but I might be able to conjure a work trip that will have me end up in England for around the lata half of the year....
Plus it would be good to meet up with all you other fellows!
Have you thought about maybe getting someone from Starchaser or even Copenhagen Sub-Orbital as guest speakers?

Iain
Kiwi 2 Space
"NZ's Other Space Program"
www.kiwi2space.co.nz
Iain

Postby pauldear » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi Iain,

It would be great if you can make it! And your guest suggestions are good. As soon as I know I'm going ahead with this, I'll start a new thread here on the forum.

Best,
Paul
pauldear

Postby rick m » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:33 am

For those unable to travel to the UK or other places, it would be nice if these could be streamed or Skyped or something on computer.
Rick
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Postby Monroe » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Yes, Great Idea, I have not been to the UK. I need to apply for a passport anyway. I have plenty of ideas :) I'm willing to help, One of my mystery teammates has held a small confrence (for rockets) here in the U.S. maybe he could share some wisdom with us. There may be some diffrences here and there but some experence is better than none right? You might actually be able to raze some money for the N-Prize? There are some interesting rocketeers in the UK, they would need to be contacted? I could ask John Carmack to come and Richard Nakka and a few others. I dont know that guys like John and the others would be able to or willing to go but I could ask them for you. David Livingston from the Space Show might be interested? I have a contact with one of the organizers of the Space Frontier Foundations confrence that might be helpful? If I were you I'd ask a lot of people to show because there would be a lot of no shows proably loose quite a few during the planning stage and some at the last min. Depends on what you want to do Paul. Might really help CUSF and Nebula if they could show some stuff? how small is small for the number of people? Things like that? Can you get one of thoes N-Prize busses to show? Do you want U.S. Media? What can I do to help?

Monroe

Can I launch a rocket there? :) Want to see one go Paul?
Peter, the little X next to the edit button :)
Monroe

Postby rick m » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 am

Has any thought been given to a post N-Prize conference to discuss what the various teams came up with and if no one team is successful perhaps combine talent to make this happen? With logistics/financing and distances of the teams around the world, this could also be done via video conferencing. I would hate to see all the effort that teams have put into this all for naught.
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Postby pauldear » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi Rick,

A grand get-together would be an outstanding idea. I think the best location would be in the US, since that's where the greatest number of teams are. We could have video links for people who can't make it. If I strike it rich, I might even be able to provide some limited travel funds for overseas teams.

Best,
Paul
pauldear

Next

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.