GLXP Poll

Seen something interesting in the press, on TV, on the webternet? Tell us!

GLXP Poll

Postby Monroe » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:59 am

Team Prometheus joined Team Frednet, Team Frednet was third in the poll's When we signed on the team they jumped way out in front! At the team meeting of the upper management that I attended by Skype one asked why they had jumped so far so fast and I heard a chorus of "Monroe" that really freaked me out! At the time I did not know what they were talking about. I must say that's really cool!

Monroe
Monroe

Re: GLXP Poll

Postby SANEAlex » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Well done it sounds like you are embracing open source and its doing the same to you trying for 2 nearly impossible projects at the same time seems greedy for kudos my team think the n-prize is quite a challenge given the that we only have 603 days left but if we do succeed at the n-prize it would be nice to have something else to do next ;-) how many days are left for the Google prize?
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 pm

Yeah the N-Prize is tough! Yes, I'm a little ambitious! I don't think it's hurting us yet. The N-Prize plan is going along as planed and I'm happy with it for now. The Frednet deal is just to help out really and get some experience with different systems and more hardware. The stuff we are doing with SS2S is done for a little while anyway until their next step in the plan. The deal with Cornell is coming up in March. I've got about 6 day's to get the Lander flying and then that will prob. slow down as Masten Space Systems is more than likely going to take over more of the Lander work. So we will be back on the Balloon making for the 1 Mft3 prototype and the spin launcher should be ready. I'm not doing all the work so it doesn't feel any different for me really. There are 1,791 Days left in the X-Prize so I had to work with Frednet to be involved with the X-Prize there just is not enough time to take a shot at the N-Prize and then Take on the X-Prize.

Monroe

I want to take a shot at orbit late this year. If things just stay like they are that could happen. Depends on the FAA and how well Jonathan Wood does for the team and the company ANEI I'm pretty optimistic right now.
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 pm

//2 nearly impossible projects at the same time//

If you try something difficult, failure will jump up and bite you in the arse. If you try something impossible, failure will still be rubbing its eyes and waking up by the time you're off the launch pad.
pauldear

Return to Did you see this??