[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Possible interest from BBC

Possible interest from BBC

Ideas on raising the profile of teams and the N-Prize. Tomorrow the world!

Possible interest from BBC

Postby pauldear » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:35 pm

I had a call from the Beeb today, with some very early enquiries about the N-Prize, and the possibility of featuring us on a BBC TV science series. It's still very early days, and no guarantee it'll happen, but fingers crossed.....Everyone make sure they have a comb.
pauldear

Re: Possible interest from BBC

Postby Iain » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 am

Sounds promising!
Be good to get T.V coverage!!

Iain
Kiwi 2 Space
"NZ's Other Space Program"
www.kiwi2space.co.nz
Iain

Postby pauldear » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:15 pm

It would be great. Like I said, though, early days..... fingers crossed!
pauldear

Postby dknight » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

I think when the teams start getting closer to the goal, the PR chances will increase. YMMV.

Doug
dknight

Postby pauldear » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Well, the producer from Bang Goes the Theory got back to me - she thinks it's a bit ambitious for their target audience (since they advocate in-your-living-room participation!). However, she is also on the Horizon team (in the UK, this is a big-budget heavyweight science documentary series), and has some interests from colleagues there. So, keep 'em crossed. I think they're interested in the whole small-space idea.

Best,
Paul
pauldear

Postby Anders Feder » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:05 pm

Sounds promising. Good luck!
Anders Feder
Team WikiSat
Anders Feder

Postby wagster » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Horizon would be excellent. I thought it had vanished from our screens, glad to hear it hasn't. I still get a bit excited when I hear the theme music!
wagster

Postby pauldear » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Ah yes, the theme music - da da, da Dah du-du-du Da dah. Da dah da da da Dah dah, da-da-da dah da, da dah da dah. They don't write lyrics that way these days.
pauldear

Postby Peter (Nebula) » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:14 am

Horizon used to be a big favorite of mine. I watched every episode that the college library had taped on the "operating table" table series until the Beeb got wind of it and the whole lot had to be destroyed because of copyright issues.

Perhaps its me getting older, but the newer version seems more dumbed-down than the version of the mid 80's, although for goodness sake please don't tell your contact that I said so. Although they might read this forum. Bugger.
Peter (Nebula)

Postby Monroe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

That is interesting. I really would like to visit England, maybe I should try the lottery :).

Monroe
Monroe

Return to PR for teams and the N-Prize