[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Economic Upheaval

Economic Upheaval

Economic Upheaval

Postby Monroe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:37 am

Well, guys
I have reached my personal limits with everything. The economy and the demands of the world are encroaching on our efforts. It appears that the financing I had hoped for is vaporizing. I will hang on best I can and hope for something to change. Please keep going and make an effort to keep the N-Prize going by posting and talking about it. Our team is intact but our back is broken and I have a lot of digging to do.
Any machine work would be appreciated or leads we will take what we can get. We did get another order from Richard Nakka and SS2S. I'm looking for work in the real world again in hopes of funding ourselves.
We came very close to getting what we needed so keep trying it could happen for you. We will too. I may loose the website this month I cant find another $150 to keep it going. I am not withdrawing but we are seriously hurting.

Monroe
Team Prometheus
Monroe

Re: Economic Upheaval

Postby pauldear » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:10 am

Hey Monroe,

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and Prometheus - we'd hate to lose you.

Best,
Paul
pauldear

Postby Iain » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:57 am

Monroe

Try www.webnode.com for your website, its what I use and just have my domain routed to their and its all free.

Money saved is money used for rockets!
Kiwi 2 Space
"NZ's Other Space Program"
www.kiwi2space.co.nz
Iain

Postby Monroe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks Iain that's a good Idea for anyone! We saved the website Dave Hein pulled through in the pinch. Thanks Dave! Stew Lilley just got back from D.C. and we shall see what happens when we bang our heads together this next time. Kevin and Paul (Ramsey) are hangin in there so were down but not out. Thanks guy's I just cant make the N-Prize pay so I'm having to go to work after a year and a half of nothing but N-Prize.
I am making every effort to do NSE-2 and launch a rocket into space.
I'm experimenting on my own with a new cheaper propellant that I can get the components for locally.
Asphalt
KNO3
Iron oxide

Ya'll know that it's hard to light a solid motor at 100k ft. If we can finish this vacuum chamber we should be able to get that working. NSE-2 should have cameras on the balloon and the rocket.
We need about 3 thousand dollars!

I am still interested in making motors to sell and getting certifications and licenses here in Texas if anyone's interested contact me. There are contracts out there to be had for good money on a relatively low investment.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby rick m » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Monroe,
I hear you, I just left my latest job last week and will be feeling the pinch too.

One of the things we've been thinking about using to prevent hot ignition gases from flowing between the grain tubes and the motor casing is pressurizing the motor prior to firing. Maybe something like a schrader valve in a burst disk at 100 psi that would fail at 200 psi as the motor comes up to pressure and blows this out the nozzle (and provide an extra kick). Such a system could be used for starting up a motor at high altitude.

I sent you a private message on this forum about maybe doing some machine work for me a day or two ago. Did you check it?
Rick
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Postby rick m » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Monroe, check your PM again.

Rick
rick m

Postby Monroe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Ok, Rick there ya go. Thanks

Monroe
Monroe

Postby rick m » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Monroe, are you working for Claritin? Check your PM

Rick
rick m

Postby Monroe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:23 am

Something weird going on? In my sent messages box I dont see the last email I sent you? Humm anyway I'll resend.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby Monroe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Damn, we are so close to launching a rockoon and we have so many new things we are ready to test and WHAM! We are broke again! Some contracts got postponed money got tight and then non-exsistant again! November, December and January we have battled to keep the shop open! We have had times like this before but this time is really tough! I am hanging in there so close to doing something news worthy again I know we could spring forward again. So I'll just keep trying! Trying to stay out of jail from child support chasing me down and a month behind on rent! Lol I hope something changes soon! And we can run these next few test! It's bitter cold in Texas these next few days scraping for cigarettes and food! This is a real story and I know we can be successful we have come this far there's no turning back now.

Monroe
Monroe

Next

Return to Prometheus