[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Keep me posted!!!!

Keep me posted!!!!

....and counting.

Keep me posted!!!!

Postby pauldear » Mon May 02, 2011 12:55 pm

Just a reminder to those teams who are getting close to an orbital attempt. Keep me posted as to likely launch-dates (I know they're unpredictable, but it's fine if things are delayed or scrubbed), since I will need to make plans to be there.

Also, if you're getting close, now is a very good time to re-read all the rules in detail, check your budgets, and ask me about anything you're unsure about. It would be a complete tragedy if someone made their orbits but failed on some trivial point like, say, orbital validation. Equally, if nobody can see your satellite before launch to verify the mass...

Any information you send me will be kept confidential as long as you let me know it's confidential.

Best wishes, and here's to the new Space Age,
Paul
pauldear

Re: Keep me posted!!!!

Postby Monroe » Mon May 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Paul
There can be no Orbital attempt by a US Team in the time left for the contest. What are we going to do?

Monroe
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Mon May 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Everybody stand by - I'll make an announcement soon.

But, whatever the announcement, it's still a first-past-the post competition!

Best,
Paul
pauldear

Postby rick m » Wed May 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi Paul,

I hope a team somewhere can pull this off before the September 19th deadline. As I've stated before, if it doesn't happen by the deadline, and because of our late decision to try, we are working to see this happen at some point in time and would welcome the expertice of other teams that have/had been involved to join together with us (as a united "Team N-Prize") to see your challenge eventually happen. Heck, we are now looking at the N-Plus Prize as well. I just hope you're announcement isn't a cancelation of the challenge and even if it is, we are committed to still do it.

Rick
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Postby WillD » Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Paul
What's the announcement? I'm getting closer....
WillD

Postby rick m » Sat May 28, 2011 6:22 am

Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Postby pauldear » Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi,

The announcement will concern the extension or non-extension (sorry - I don't want to give it away for a few days yet) of the N-Prize. I can absolutely confirm that there is NO cancellation - under any circumstances (short of me being hit by a bus).

However, regardless of the duration of the prize, the winner is still first-past-the-post in each category, so gogogogo! There are a few teams who are very quiet but who are making serious progress...

Wildspace - what's the news?

Incidentally, there is a competition planned to follow the N-Prize, but I plan to announce it when (not if!) I present the N-Prize. All I'll say for now is that it's crazy, barely possible, and anyone who can win the N-Prize (and who still has a full set of hands) will be the right sort of maniac to enter.

Paul
pauldear

Postby SANEAlex » Mon May 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Are you going to announce the updates when the count down timer (yours seems to have stopped btw) hits 100 days to go? I still think the challenge is possible but it looks increasingly unlikely that my team will do it within the current time limits unless i can can get a sponsorship deal that enables several members of the team to be able to give up their jobs and work on it full time and my last couple of attempts at that seem to have failed so far :( but we are not giving up progress is slow but the more we work on it the more we think its possible and we may yet find a way and if not i hope some other team does as i think humanity needs cheap access to space sooner rather than later so good luck to all our competitors space is big enough for all of us.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby pauldear » Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 pm

Hi Alex, no, the notification should come sooner than that.

Actually, I'm not sure what happened to the countdown timer, now that you mention it... I'll have a word with my Webbist.

I'm intrigued by your "last couple of attempts" - any news? Do you still have the customary number of fingers and eyebrows?

Cheers,
Paul
pauldear

Postby SANEAlex » Tue May 31, 2011 12:11 am

Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Next

Return to T-minus one year....