Space Access 2011

Let us know about conferences, seminars and other events of interest.

Space Access 2011

Postby rick m » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:29 am

I just got back from Space Access 2011. It was interesting. Some of the people there are really into doing things and others are there to ??? One of the comments made echoed what I've thought about the whole getting into space thing. Lots of people talk but only a few act. How long has it been since SpaceShip One? Companies like SpaceX, Armadillo Aerospace, and Garvey Spacecraft are to be commended for doing and I congratulate them. For all the others, excuses are a dime a dozen...period.
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Re: Space Access 2011

Postby pauldear » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Rick,

I agree - the ratio of intention to action is very large.

On the other hand, given the threshold of commitment and resources needed, and the way life works out, I know that a lot of good people start out with the best intentions, but then things get in the way.

Nevertheless, kudos definitely to those who build!

Was there much mention of the N-Prize there?

Paul
pauldear

Re: Space Access 2011

Postby rick m » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:57 pm

No one company builds the Shuttle Transport System. I think if all the N-Prize teams got together and each took on a small portion of such a project, it might happen but for the size of the prize and the expense and expertise needed, I don't think it's going to happen, at least not by any one team. And that is a shame. To me the word TEAM means Together Everyone Achieves More and I think all the teams working together could do it.

I did hear the N-Prize mentioned but not discussed.
Hard work is good for you, try it.
rick m

Return to Conferences and Seminars