Hello, new here!

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

Hello, new here!

Postby LSAteam » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:23 pm

Didn't really see an introduction thread, so thought I'd make a thread instead.

I and a few friends recently graduated from our Masters courses at University and think we'd like a crack at this - Just sent an email off yesterday to info@n-prize.com but haven't heard anything yet. Honestly, I've wanted to apply to this since it started, but I was still in education and wasn't going to have the time or money to get behind it. Now things are different - I'll barely have the time or money but last extension is motivation enough to find it! (and having a willing group of skilled friends wanting to get involved sure helps!)

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on the application process I should keep in mind. I imagine Paul is probably swamped in emails right now, the main page was barely working yesterday! Just hoping I can get in before the deadline.

Anyway, hopefully I'll see more of everyone here in the future, and hopefully someone wins this year... perhaps me. ;)

Cheers!

Luke
LSAteam

Re: Hello, new here!

Postby pauldear » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Luke, and welcome to the forum!

I'm just back at my desk, and have just emailed you the registration forms. I'm curious as to what approach you'll be taking (just me being nosey, you understand!); and out of interest, what's your masters in?

Cheers,
Paul
pauldear

Re: Hello, new here!

Postby LSAteam » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Conveniently enough Masters is in Space Engineering - So the right sort of training for this stuff. The part I'm missing is decades of experience, but we can't all be Bob Parkinson. :D

At the moment we're looking at a multi-stage storable propellant expendable launcher. Details are vague since its still all up for debate at the moment. The coming months we'll be nailing down the mathematical models to make the right decisions on the exact propellant and number of stages. So at the moment its still brainstorming phase, but I think we have some neat ideas in the pan to work with and some good potential contacts to get the work going.

Thanks for emailing me the forms, I'll try and get them back to you by tomorrow. Just got to touch up the logo and make it nice I suppose!
LSAteam

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.