N-Prize mission patches

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

N-Prize mission patches

Postby pauldear » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 pm

In the early days of the N-Prize, I had a bunch of cloth 'mission patches' made with the N-Prize logo and "Registered Team" on them, and sent a few to all the teams that were then registered.

I've just had another batch made, so if any of the new teams would like some, just let me know. And, if any of the older teams would like one or two more, there's probably enough to go around.

Best wishes,
Paul
Attachments
N-Prize patch.jpg
N-Prize patch.jpg (164.76 KiB) Viewed 14886 times
pauldear

Re: N-Prize mission patches

Postby WillD » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:18 am

I wouldn't say no Paul :)
WillD

Postby Monroe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Believe it or not I don't even have one left for me! lol I want one if you can send it to:
Monroe King
995 Co rd. 3040
Lampasas, Texas

Hey, we are still working toward the goal! Burn bans have stopped our launches for now but we are still moving forward.
The reason it's slow is these next steps are a lot more involved and cost a lot more money. Bigger rockets need a lot of fuel and I'm working on that.
NSE-6 is a done deal we just need better weather. The Space Shot after that is a whole nother thing.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby DaveHein » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:23 pm

Monroe, there will be a launch in Girvin, Texas on August 13 and 14. There will be two club launches on August 20 near San Antonio and Dallas. Also, LDRS is coming up on the first weekend in September. It's a 9-hour drive from where you are, but you'll be able to test your space rocket there. And then there's the BALLS launch in Nevada at the end of September. It seems like there are a few venues where you could run your tests.
DaveHein

Postby Monroe » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 pm

I'll be at LDRS and BALLS this year. Doing a ground launch of our Two Stage Space Space Shot Rocket! lol! Might even take the Carmack Micro Prize? Probably not because it's not designed to go 100kft in the low atmosphere but ya never know. If no one wins the Carmack Prize at BALLS we should get it with the Space Shot when the winds change on Matagorda this winter. NSE-6 should happen before LDRS but yeah we might do it at LDRS.

There's plenty happening at Team Prometheus I just am not at liberty to discuss all the details until after BALLS. It's going to be a nice rally toward the end of the year don't worry and after we make the space shot we might be able to rally for the N-Prize if we can make the space shot we have a chance to do the N-Prize in the remaining year it's going to be close because so much depends on these next few launches and how much help we can get if we make it to space. The plans are all laid out if things fall into place it will happen. It's beyond me whether they will always have been. So we shall see wont we! I'm not giving up or giving in untill the last second. Working with the FAA is going to be easier by then because NSE-6 needed a waiver and the shots at LDRS and BALLS needed waivers. NSE-6 has been a good study and our mission should not fail we have put a lot of testing into it because the space shot depends on it!

Monroe

Hehe, Team Prometheus will come into it's own soon. No matter what happens our experience is mounting. A credible space shot will just be the beginning of what Team Prometheus will become. God willing and godspeed to all you guy's. We cant be stopped and just wait and see what happens if we get any more momentum! We've floundered around and fumbled and have done pretty good so far I think! :)

By the way Paul I could do a stand for the N-Prize at LDRS that would get you some action! Come to LDRS and BALLS Bring some banners! and stuff! that might just swing some good things the N-Prises way!
Monroe

Postby DaveHein » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:55 am

Monroe, just a reminder that both LDRS and BALLS are TRA events. HPR participants at these events need to be TRA members and have the appropriate certifications for the launches they will do. If you are planning any HPR launches at LDRS or BALLS you need to become a member and get certified.

I'm not sure how NSE-6 could be done at LDRS. Rockoon launches aren't covered by the TRA rules, which means that TRA insurance won't cover it.
DaveHein

Postby Monroe » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Dave
I don't need it I'm not the flyer of record. lol and I can launch NSE-6 form a hotel parking lot if I want too. We did NSE-2 from a hotel parking lot! With a 1500 gram balloon!

Monroe
Monroe

Postby DaveHein » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm glad you have the TRA certification thing covered. There's a chance I'll attend the LDRS launch. I'm looking forward to seeing your launch there.

Yes, you can probably do the NSE-6 launch from anywhere. The rockoon aspect of it does put it in a gray area as far as FAA waivers -- even with a model rocket. The safest thing is to keep the FAA in the loop.
DaveHein

Postby Monroe » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 am

Yes, I decided that a launch above 25,000ft AGL might raise an eyebrow at AST (not the FAA) so I decided I better make it in the black rather than the grey and It turns out it will help on the space shot to have FAA documentation of NSE-6 being it will carry the avionics for the space shot.

Monroe

Things are looking up!

I will be at LDRS if at all possible, but I don't have to be there. If Dr. Dear will show up I'll promise to be there. Then I'd have to show up! lol I'll probably be there anyway I want to make sure we recover the rocket. That's the most important part of the mission. If we cant recover it intact (and that's the hard part) Then it's a failure.
Monroe

Postby DaveHein » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 am

Monroe,

Who's going to launch the rocket, and which day will it be launched? I'm planning on being there Friday, Saturday and Sunday during LDRS. I want to make sure I don't miss the launch of your rocket.

Dave
DaveHein

Next

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.