N-Prize mission patches

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

Re: N-Prize mission patches

Postby Monroe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm afraid your going to miss it because I'm not saying which one it is. It won't be announced until after BALLS so don't kill yourself fallin over things at LDRS trying to figure out which one it is. I'm not telling, it's part of a suprize for Mr. Carmack and the gang at arocket. So no I cant tell anybody which one it is. Except Dr. Dear if he wants to know and it really doesn't matter if the rocket is not recovered at either LDRS or BALLS and that is going to be the kicker. So if we get a good launch and recovery then we use the two shots as our ground launch test with the FAA. If not we go another route. A lot is riding on NSE-6 also. So it's all or nothing it's a gamble and we hope we get lucky. If so then it's on for March. That's all I can say. The real rocket world depends on a lot of things happening that lead to the one big thing unless you just have that much cash and we don't. So if it works out and all goes well at LDRS and BALLS and NSE-6 then the magic will happen. It's just a little too iffy to fully reveal whats going on to everyone right now. People don't want to be embarrassed or under pressure like that. So chill out for a while, while we do this.

Monroe

There are people that want us to succeed! So right now mum's the word. That's just the way it is. I won't even show up at LDRS if it causes a scene. So now it looks like I cant even go with out attracting attention to the project. I'm not sure I can do that without doing that so looks like I'll have to stay home DAVE. And I wanted to be there to help recover it.
Monroe

Postby DaveHein » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Monroe,

I have no idea what your talking about. I don't see how your presence at LDRS would create a scene. If you want to run your operation under the cloak of secrecy that's your business. However, you can't blame me for being curious about how you are going to accomplish some of the things you have claimed.

For my part, my trip to Kansas is more to visit family than to attend LDRS. I grew up near Wichita, and I have many relatives in Wellington and Winfield, which is located near Argonia. When I attended LDRS 3 years ago one of my brothers, a brother-in-law and three of my nephews helped me set up my rockets. We all had a lot of fun there. My wife is traveling with me this time, so it will be a bit different. I may bring a couple of smaller rockets with me, but I'll mostly be a spectator rather than a participant.

I would like to see your team rocket fly. Most people are proud to show off their rockets at LDRS, and they put them on display. If your flight is a success we will all applaud it. If it fails in some dramatic way we'll all be entertained by it's sky-writing ability, and we'll all hope that you'll rebuild and try again the next time.

Dave
DaveHein

Postby Monroe » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 am

Well, I guess you don't understand. I cant explain it without letting the cat out of the bag so think whatever you want. All I'll say is it's got nothing to do with J.I. lol! There are reasons to keep quiet and they are good ones at times. Doesn't mean anything about cloak and dagger Jezzz. Just means the people involved don't want everyone to know unless it's successful that's all! And yeah, from now on the website is going to be where to get news about Team Prometheus Dave. I'm through fielding questions about the missions we are undertaking you'll just have to watch the website. I got a big mouth and it's accomplished it's goal now I can shut up and enjoy the ride. Work with the people on the team and the projects I'm involved with.
The clown suite is going back in the closet. Now I can get to work being myself again quiet reserved and busy building things. You'll only hear about things after we do them from here on out. I'm relieved it's been a long three years. It was tuff but I've finally scraped out a spot for us. We are in to stay and I don't have to do anything the way I used too. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul no more begging people to join the team no more none of that. No more answering questions because I have too to get people involved. I'm so glad that's over. It's hard to maintain that level of energy for that long.
Now I just want to be left alone to do my work. I'm fading out of the start-up phase. Cant wait to get started on the ANEI launcher.

Monroe

Today's the Day! We go into Space!
So lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Hey Monroe, a bunch of patches will be on their way to you soon.

I'd love to come over and wave the flag, but I'm busting my balls at the moment to meet a deadline in six weeks that my career depends on.... but have no fear, the N-Prize prize-money is safely stowed away!

Paul
pauldear

Postby Monroe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Alright then, good luck with that!

Tally ho! lol

Monroe
Monroe

Previous

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.