[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - X-Prize threatened by N-Prize?

X-Prize threatened by N-Prize?

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

X-Prize threatened by N-Prize?

Postby pauldear » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:32 am

I just received a letter from the X-Prize's legal person, arguing that the name "N-Prize" is too similar to "X-Prize"..... this is strange! Still, I'm sure the X-Prize people are good-humoured guys, and it would be flattering to think that the mom-and-pop N-Prize is a threat to the X-Prize!

Paul
pauldear

Re: X-Prize threatened by N-Prize?

Postby SANEAlex » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm

There seems to be a lot of it about at the moment :-

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201010 ... book.shtml

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201009 ... tion.shtml

But i would say in my i am not not a lawyer with a thin watch and bill by the minute way that you should be reasonably safe as your logo has a completely different look and feel to the x prize one so you could not be accused of passing off as. And that as the N stands for Nano its reasonable to use N as a shorten version of it and i doubt that even a lawyer with a really thin watch and brief case could persuade a Judge and Jury that a 20th/21st century company/organisation has ownership of letters of the Roman alphabet and a common English word but then i have made mistakes in the past and the world has a lot crazier people that those of us who just want to get into space on the cheap.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 am

What? that's nuts lol I would not worry Paul. If you forward the letter I'll take that to the cleaners for ya! On the internet! lol

Monroe
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Well, so far they're being nice...I'll keep you posted :-)

By the way, will you visit me in jail?
pauldear

Postby Monroe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:14 am

Jail! lol that will never happen. But yeah if I could I would Paul. Bring a cake with a file in it too. lol
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby pauldear » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Hey, screw the file - I'll just keep the cakes coming.
pauldear

Postby Monroe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Excellent plan! LOL I'll remember that one just in case! hahaha Now if I could just figure out what Christmas card to send you this year, lol "Cheers" No sub-orbital delivery this year maybe next! LOL

Monroe
Monroe

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.