A belated welcome.....three new teams!

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

A belated welcome.....three new teams!

Postby pauldear » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:13 pm

As the long dark nights of winter begin to draw in (or the long sunny days of summer, if you're reading this upside down), I have been neglecting my duties as host here!

So, a belated but very warm welcome to our three newest teams - Hyperdyne, Wakefield Aerospace and gutemine! As far as I can make out, all three team heads are nuts, which means they should fit in very nicely. Wakefield Aerospace come from a background that includes developing low-cost submersibles, so as long as they remember to point their N-Prize entry "up" and not "down", they should be off to a good start. Hyperdyne have more ballistic plans (and something of a track record), which can only be described as spectacular. gutemine (and yes, it is meant to be a small "g" !) ....... well, what can I say about gutemine? I'll just say "space hose" and leave it there for now. But if anyone cares to visit the Halfbakery (.com), they'll find some interesting discussions there.

So, we now have 27 teams aboard, and eleven months to go......

Here's to all the teams, and the world's first amateur satellite launch. Good luck, have fun, and be safe. (Well, mainly, have fun.)

Paul
pauldear

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.