[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Prometheus II Rocket

Prometheus II Rocket

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

Prometheus II Rocket

Postby Monroe » Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 am

The 10' Prometheus II Rocket flew at the Lucerne Dry Lake Sunday May 9th.
Sounding rockets are being used to test avionics and recovery systems. You can see photo's and Video on the Team Prometheus facebook page.
Some special avionics are being made for us for rockoon launches tracking and recovery. A few more weeks and we will have the system fully tested. Good thing research is not included in the $2000 launch price!
I'm going to FAR for 4 days of work thursday.

Today's the day!

Monroe
Monroe

Re: Prometheus II Rocket

Postby SANEAlex » Wed May 12, 2010 6:28 pm

Good luck i have seen on the space fellowship forum your expanding your team but may i make a suggestion from the PR angle when you say you have just done something put a link in the post and if your using facebook to show the world what your doing set the privacy settings to public so that those not on it can see.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 am

Alex
Yeah, I never did figure out how to put a link or a photo on the SF. Well I can put a link but not photo's. I will set the FB page as you said thanks! I can't keep up with the internet stuff and I can't even get the time to give Paul something for the Google thing. Sorry Paul you can glean anything you like from FB the blog or the website. I'll be at FAR over the next few days doing some test. Doing the deal has become more important than getting the news out. I wish I could keep up but I can't. The projects come first now. I'm at a point now where the internet really doesn't matter that much. I have some new things going on and I'm hiring someone to take over the PR finally! Hopefully all that works out and get's done. I've also hired a woman I meet at NASA AMES during the business plan competition (she was running the show) to handle the business end of this deal Meagan Crawford and I hope to get her on our board of directors.I have some very good teammates in England now Paul and they can represent the team there if you need a person or persons to represent us there. We now have three locations Austin, Lucerne Dry Lake Ca. Matagorda Tx We are testing at FAR too and we are moving equipment around from California to Texas and Vice Verse. This may be my last post for some time people that want to know may just have to come see. I'm going to have to rely on other people to get the news out now. I'd like to say thanks to everyone at the N-Prize my life is changed forever because of you guy's. Keep the faith and Godspeed to everyone.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Thu May 13, 2010 12:47 pm

Well heres a link to your facebook site http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Prom ... 3171526223 i just cut n paste from the from the title bar there are fancier ways but they tend to be different on each site and my memory is not so good these days it was nice to see something launch tho i would sack your parking attendant our health and safety guys would not lets us launch that close to vehicles containing fuel or were you using them as windbreaks and accepting the risk? Anyway good luck with the next stage we too have just got an organizer for our team and i am just setting up an login account for our web designer so with a bit of luck we will be catching you up in a few months, less than 500 days to go...
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 am

Godspeed Alex

Monroe

Yep! 50mph winds. she went straight up! Yeah we had our own FAA waiver so it was up to us.
Monroe

Postby ZiraldoAerospace » Wed May 19, 2010 2:36 am

I checked that stuff out, looks great! Any ETA on your N Prize attempt? Or is it a secret?
ZiraldoAerospace

Postby Monroe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 am

Well the first attempt wont qualify for the N-Prize it will be over budget. We plan to back it up with the on budget flight. Maybe by then the NASA prize will have rules!

Monroe

We did do two secret launches already :) Not orbital of course.
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:14 am

SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Alex
If they wont let you guy's play you can join forces with us any day. Keep going! and godspeed! REACH for the stars! give it all you've got. Go for it!

Monroe
Monroe

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.