[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Space show

Space show

Anything that doesn't belong in one of the other forums goes here.

Space show

Postby Monroe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:53 pm

I found out to late to call-in on the space show? No heads up! Anyway great job Paul! We are about to do something very interesting this next month! So keep your eyes peeled! We are going for the altitude record! I'm going out to California and I'm not coming home without it!

Monroe
Monroe

Re: Space show

Postby SANEAlex » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Are you going for balloon record or balloon launched rocket record either way what is it now and what are you aiming for? also good luck.

and space show? what space show i seem to be missing the links if there are any i think Paul needs a new PR person ;)
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Google "The Space Show" David Livingston is the host. You can listen to the recorded show online.

Well, We are doing a regular Rockoon launch of a G motor rocket from a weather balloon with cameras on both the Balloon and Rocket. If we recover both and our tracking works out. I'm going to pull out the Big Guns and go for it. "This time we didn't forget the gravy" If you ever saw the WB cartoon about the "saber tooth ally-catus" I'll construct the balloon there because it will be a big one! At the team bunk house in Lucern Dry Lake. And go for broke! I'm putting everything we have into it and then some. I'm hoping for help from Rick, Jeff Jacobs and Richard among others including Stratofox! And blow the biggest hole in the sky ever seen by amateur rocketeer's! I've got the eye of the tiger and I feel like Rocky Balboa going for the title. I'm going to fly this lander and then constraint all my energy into doing this. I don't have all the answer's right now but I'm going there to find them. It's time to kick some stratospheric butt and your going to hear me start roaring about it real soon! Growling, Snarling, Scratching, Kicking up dirt and leaping! I've had enough it's time do it!

Monroe

Paul, Thank's for the inspiration! You so totally ROCK! This wont be an attempt at orbit but it will matter! I hope I can handle this because I know it's going to take everything I've got! I've decided to go for this move and there won't be any turning back. Like there ever has been.
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:15 pm

I did Google it and Paul as guest on the Space show is http://www.thespaceshow.com/detail.asp?q=1332 for those who have not come across it before.

And good luck with your launch much as i would like my team to win i think it will be good for all of us if any team wins so fingers crossed that you get your blue marble view.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:35 am

Well, Alex I'm not going for a win just yet! Just going into space! That's easy! Orbit will still be a challenge! Thanks for the support though! We will feel the same way if you win or anyone else does! This is one tough mission and it will boil down to legal issues for us, we are running out of time!

Monroe
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Hey, all,

First and foremost, sorry about the lack of a headsup on the SpaceShow interview. I have been having an.....interesting....time lately. When we get drunk together (which I will make sure happens, somehow somewhere), I'll tell you about it.

Second and fifthmost.....no, in fact first and even more foremost, thanks to all of you guys. You are all the heroes of this enterprise. It's easy and fun for a schmuck like me to launch the N-Prize, but you are the people who are making it happen, and who deserve the credit.

OK, 529 days left. Let's go to space!

Paul
pauldear

Postby Monroe » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 am

Hahahhahaha Paul I can't wait to hear it! lol
Let's Go!

Monroe
Monroe

Return to General chit-chat. All welcome.