Spanish Space law

Regulations, compliance and legalities other than UK and USA

Spanish Space law

Postby David AIRBOX » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:12 pm

I do not want to bore with all the information, so I will explain the facts of 3 months knocking on doors.

- Inside the Spanish Airspace only INTA (Instituto Nacional de Técnica Espacial) is cleared to launch rockets. To do a launch you must be supervised by INTA.

- Spanish Controlled Airspace finish at FL460 that only means there should not have commercial traffic over this altitude. Nobody can assure the altitude where the Spanish Airspace finish and start the Space.

- An Spanish Space Law Project was proposed in 2014. That law would regulate the private launches in Spain and a license system such as USA, France, Belgium, Holland and other countries... Unfortunately this project for the moment is forgotten.

The rest of the information are hypothesis and guesswork.

Sorry, I have no more to say... but we continue working.

Nice flights.
David AIRBOX

Re: Spanish Space law

Postby SANEAlex » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 pm

I don't know if this will help, or if they can help but http://www.zero2infinity.space/ are a Spanish newspace company that has i think done a few test launches over the last year or so, they might know the right people to talk to in officialdom, could be worth asking.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby David AIRBOX » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:03 am

Yes , I told with them and they are working directly with INTA, that's why they can not help me in the legal part.
David AIRBOX

Postby Jay » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 am

What does Spanish law say about launching at sea beyond Spanish territorial waters?

Jay
Jay

Postby David AIRBOX » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:40 pm

The Airspace is the same, all thing flying more than a foot on an Spanish FIR or UIR would be under autorization. In fact to send a weather balloon the autorization is important to indicate it must maintain always inside Spanish airspace, if the object cross to French, Portuguesse, Italian, Morrocco or Argel the autorization will be cancelled.
David AIRBOX

Return to Regulatory - rest of world and transnational