Prometheus Unchained

Re: Prometheus Unchained

Postby Jay » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:05 am

Sorry I missed your latest post, Monroe. Thanks for keeping the rest of us in mind as you push the technology forward. I'm starting to get jealous of your production capability!

Jay
Jay

Postby Monroe » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:43 am

Antenna Tower up!
Attachments
IMAG00691.jpg
IMAG00691.jpg (146.36 KiB) Viewed 59340 times
Monroe

Postby Jay » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:42 am

Yeah, that's our sky lately!

Jay
Jay

Postby Monroe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 pm

After nearly 2 years of development the 5 Axis "Harp Fabricator" is nearly complete and we can begin manufacturing and testing turbopump impellers.

The goal being selling some of the machines to help fund our projects.

I have been keeping my head down and working hard along with our prime investor to make our company profitable enough to continue development on the space effort.

Lots of announcements about the company and hopefully more progress on the X12A and getting back to working with amateur ground tracking with SatNogs and continuing the effort to achieve some first.

That was a hell of a lot of work to develop this machine and I sure hope we can make it pay off. It's truly difficult to bootstrap an aerospace company and make it actually work.

Let's see how this next 6 month goes.

The shop sure has changed but it really all depends on how well we can do with this new machine.

By the way I was fishing in another pond when I started the harp fabricator and the 5-axis project here 2 years ago http://diydrones.com/group/diydrones-cn ... fabricator
Monroe

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:18 am

Well I don't know how I missed this! How much does that beast weigh? Your plan to use damping plates sounds like a good idea. They should be able to keep that harp from ringing.

Your link didn't post correctly here, but the same link in your Space Fellowship posting took me right to your discussion on the Harp Fabricator.

http://diydrones.com/group/diydrones-cn ... fabricator

Keep up the good work, Monroe.

Jay
Jay

Postby Monroe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Well it's been a while! But the team is still moving forward! I just finished the 5-Axis machine! I cant post anymore photo's until the release but it's finished! Just finishing up the enclosure and we will release it to the public. I got the funding for the machine and after that I have funding for the turbopump I designed the machine for in the first place!

It took way longer than I thought it would to finish but hey! It happened!

Now I can get to work on a turbopump!

Perhaps this will get people knowing how serious Team Prometheus is about succeeding in orbiting a cubesat and providing launch services!

If not it wont matter we will do it anyway because that is what I set out to do nearly 10 years ago!

Once the turbopump is complete it will be time again for "full speed ahead damn the torpedoes" !!!!!!!

If you need a 5-Axis machine be sure and look for a "Harp Fabricator" available soon! Price is in the 20K range and half that if a 12x12x10 3-Axis machining center is something you need.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby Jay » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Congratulations Monroe. Very impressive achievement! I suspect you'll be turning out one enviable component after another now. Making the tools so you can make the tools which will allow you to make the tools you need to make the parts you really want does take some doing, doesn't it?

Jay
Jay

Previous

Return to Prometheus