[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
• View topic - Economic Upheaval

Economic Upheaval

Re: Economic Upheaval

Postby SANEAlex » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

Maybe so, hummm thanks you just gave me an idea. Here goes nothing! Wish me luck.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Good luck any ideas on how you are going to pitch it if you do use them i did wonder about transmitting sponsor ads but that i think would preclude use of amateur frequency's and others could be expensive if not out right out of question because of other restrictions..
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:38 pm

I did try a pitch to kickstart just told the truth. I'm not expecting much but who knows? I am offering a scale model of the N-Prize rocket to anyone donating $1000 and a business card photo from nearspace for $500. I posted that on the facebook page also hoping to get a chip-in I set it at $20,000. My new web desinger is turning out to be like all the rest they get a decent front page going and then they don't add all the good stuff. I'm going to do it myself again I guess. This suck's such a good project and so close to some real ground breaking work and I have no funds. I hope my health holds out I feel like I'm dieing. It's so frustrating I'm so effin close and now I'm going to be running out of time. It wont matter I don't think I can keep this up much longer, somethings going to have to give.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 pm

As they said in Galaxy Quest "Never give up, never surrender!". I think you should offer something in the lower end price bracket along the lines of a limited edition t-shirt with a picture of the rocket on it you might have luck with smaller contributions. .Despite you being the competition i wish you all the best space is big enough for all of us tho i am still hopeful that my tortoise like team will drag itself over the finishing line first but if my six numbers come up on the lotto this weekend i might consider financing 2 teams just in case ;).

Ps links would be good both here and the space fellowship and any other relevant sites nothing fancy just select with mouse from the title bar ctrl-c and then ctrl-v into the body of the text unless you on a mac i am not sure if they use the same codes.
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:13 am

SA
That's the spirit of the N-Prize I was looking for there Alex you have it. I would do the same and I have! I have given a lot to other teams and many not N-Prize I forget really fast who and that doesn't matter. I did spend less time helping this year as we where busy with our stuff. Alex get er going! and good luck! Thanks for the help! Much appreciated!We all win with this one although as we get near the end here I feel the pressure and the desire to win becoming stronger than my desire to help I still do if I can. We are so close now to making the rockoons fly and the space launch I just know that would get us going the rest of the way! I won't quit but it does hurt. This sure aint no easy project.

Monroe
Monroe

Postby SANEAlex » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 pm

You still helping Frednet with the google xprize? And before the competition starts to get tough or tougher ;) well here is one other thing i will share i have not proved it, but after some recent research on the project i think the best angle for the nose cone if you are using one is 72 degrees its an intuitive guess based on the golden ratio a number that crops up a lot in nature but various things i have spotted recently on the net make me think this is a good angle for an uncomplicated cone to reduce air resistance and turbulence and as biomimetics is an upcoming field i may be onto something feel free to use it if you think it might help.
SANEAlex

Postby Monroe » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 am

Thanks! SA in fact our launch angle is almost that exactly with the third stage firing at 12 degrees. Still kicking over here just got a new team member and now that I've opened up shop for auto repairs again maybe I can still fund this deal? I don't know but I'm going to keep trying. Good Luck SA and to all! Today's the Day!

Monroe
Monroe

Postby Monroe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Things have stabilized, got a new sponsor. May now be moving to a secret location away from Austin. I'll know in about 10 days. From here we intend to make our stand. It will be a miracle if we pull off the FAA clearance for the orbital launch in time depends on the space shot and if we get clearance for it soon enough. It might be close so hold your breath here we go!

Monroe
Monroe

Postby pauldear » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Monroe, congratulations!!

That is the best piece of news I've heard in the last few days (well, I guess the news is a few days old now....sorry!). It has raised my spirits, and I'll toast you with my next glass of wine, which due....just about now.

Cheers,
Paul
pauldear

PreviousNext

Return to Prometheus