Latest at the "Rocket Ranch"

Latest at the "Rocket Ranch"

Postby Monroe » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I moved out here away from my friends and everybody I know to do test. Guess what? lol Burn Bans have been in effect since June! Can't even do a ground launch test! Or static test. I believe I've found a way to get some static testing done by calling in the local fire department down on the coast and doing test over the waters edge with the fire truck standing by. (I'll also invite the local news guy's they don't have much going on down there) So anyway looks like I'll get more done this month than I did all summer. At least on the rocket front. We made good progress with the Matagorda site and the trucks and boats and things. I've decided we need a small aircraft so I can get around better so I ordered the plans for a Hummel Ultracruiser and 1/3 Corvair engine. 70 mph in the air beats traffic and I can fly straight cutting out a lot of the typical road turns. Oh and 4 hours on 5 gallons of gas wont hurt either.
We need a plane for search and recovery missions anyway and we can afford the Ultracruiser.
Monroe

Re: Latest at the "Rocket Ranch"

Postby Monroe » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 am

Looks like we get to do a ground launch next month finally some more progress on the rocket front. I'll post some vid and stuff. Hope I can do the build documentation but I an't promissin nothin. But we will do the launch in Dec. I'm pretty sure.

Monroe

Gotta get movin to make the March space shot.
Monroe

Re: Latest at the "Rocket Ranch"

Postby Monroe » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey! Working on guidance this month I have the Arducopter and a SkyFun airplane I'm using to test out the Ardupilot hardware and software. So I'm learning as fast as I can how to use theis equipment. I've crashed the plane 5 times now so it's going slow. Still working on the N to N two stage for the space shot I have to file the paperwork by Jan. 1 in order to have a chance at the March Launch so plenty still to do. We will be doing ground launches a static test and a balloon launch so stand by we are on another roll!

Monroe
Monroe

Return to Prometheus