Team updates

Team updates

Postby Monroe » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:56 am

Team Prometheus has a new sponsor. We have nearly finished the boat project so we are sea worthy! We ended up needing more testing on igniters and we settled with our new sponsor for those being Rocketflite Magnalite igniters. After testing these work best in cold and vacuum. We now have 4 of the Beeline 2 meter aprs trackers and we will be using them. The DIY Drones autonomous guidance/remote control and tracking systems are finding a lot of uses in our systems.

The launch site has the basis of a real ground control and mission center! We now have a mobile mission control and the means to mobilize it. Our rockets are ready for testing and we are working on dispersion analysis and FAA waivers and approval's from the AST for above 25,000ft launches ect...

Currently burn bans are slowing our progress we are ready to do some ground testing.

The website is far outdated again. I may simplify it where I can handle it and begin real documentation of the project from start to finish.
Monroe

Re: Team updates

Postby Monroe » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:53 pm

We have a two stage rocket that is about to be ground tested! I wont be posting anything about it until after both test. But there will be a full build-up on the website after we finish testing. I'm rebuilding the website again this time I'm doing it myself so there will be documentation that we have been lacking for all this time.

Monroe
Monroe

Return to Prometheus