NSE4

NSE4

Postby Monroe » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 pm

Well, NSE5 pretty much flopped there's some photos on facebook. Ha ha we rushed it at the last min and the payload cutdown early. The tiny satellite prototype worked really good we used it's signal to locate the payload when the GPS failed. We have a new system to try out on NSE5 on the 14th I'm really happy right now with our little Satellite!

Monroe
Monroe

Re: NSE4

Postby SANEAlex » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 am

Glad to hear you could detect the sat and that it worked as a backup for the gps i recently listened to a old space show http://www.thespaceshow.com/detail.asp?q=1297 with John Powell as the guest talking about his airship to orbit concept and it seems that over the pond where you are if your sign the right bits of paper from the state department saying you are not a terrorist its possible to get unrestricted gps he said that the ones that he had used and tested were in the 3k$ mark but he had some of the more recent 100$ ones which he also thought would also work unrestricted but had not tested them yet don't know if this helps but it might be worth looking into unless you recently have joined alkider :twisted:
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
SANEAlex

Re: NSE4

Postby Monroe » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:52 am

Hey Alex if you look back at the google group I was doing that discussion with the DOD long ago :) and they did say yes. But so far we don't need it :)

Monroe
Monroe

Return to Prometheus