Conversion rates - clarification

Conversion rates - clarification

Postby pauldear » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:17 am

Hi all,

Someone has just pointed out to me that the N-Prize registration form (which you'll have signed if you're registered) carries a statement that conflicts with the rules. On the form, there's a footnote that says the currency exchange rate will be based on the date on the form; in the rules, it says that the exchange rate will be the highest (best) rate which occurred during the first 6 months of the N-Prize.

Rest assured, the rules (not the footnote) are correct: you get the best exchange rate which occurred during the first 6 months of the competition (ie, between 9th April 2008 and 9th January 2009, inclusive - see full rules for details). I'll amend the registration form for future teams.

Cheers,
Paul
pauldear

Re: Conversion rates - clarification

Postby ThomVincent » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Dr. Dear,

To clarify your clarification, in your 'Conversion rates - clarification' post (21 Oct 2009), in the "Questions about N-Prize rules" forum, you wrote ..

the highest (best) rate which occurred during the first 6 months of the N-Prize.

.. and also ..

during the first 6 months of the competition (ie, between 9th April 2008 and 9th January 2009, inclusive - see full rules for details).

You say first 6 months in your post, but the dates you provide in April 2008 and January 2009 are 9 months apart. Since the "14. Currency Conversion" section in the N-Prize Rules state ...

the highest (best) exchange rate which their national currency has attained, during the first 9 months of the competition (ie, between 9th April 2008 and 9th January 2009, inclusive)

Is 9 months the correct time period for determining the conversion rates? And, are 9th April 2008 and 9th January 2009, inclusive, the correct start and end dates for that time period?

Thank you,
Thom
ThomVincent

Postby pauldear » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Thom, and all.

Sometimes I wonder if my brain is all it's cranked up to be. Well spotted. Yes, it's meant to be the best rate during the first **9**(nine) months of the competition, not the first 6.... my apologies for the confusion.

Yours,
Paul
pauldear

Postby sujaysreedhar » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:23 pm

since its been a long way since you updated this post please let me know the converstion rate for india?
Team Indians
sujaysreedhar

Return to Questions about N-Prize rules